Monday, September 22, 2014

Adventures with Debbie

Debbie and I were really bored during the holidays and since we have something in common - that is visiting museums and exploring around, we decided to head to the Asian Civilisation Museum to check out what's there! We were quite lucky because currently there's an exhibition called ChinaMania!, showcasing old China porcelain pieces from the dynasties.

 Took this because it resembles BBJX's 14th prince's robe HAHAH even though it's the emperors. I think only Hweeshin would understand what I'm saying here but oh well. BBJX is the best show ever!!!


 More and more porcelain. They explained how China's porcelain influenced many countries, even the Europeans are fascinated and decided to produce porcelain in their own style.
So step 

 MULAN 

After heading off from ACM, we walked along Clarke Quay and found out that the Cat Cafe was there! So we decided to head up and try. Tbh I think that i'll go to the cafe just once to for experience because the admission fee is $12 for the first hour then subsequently $5 per half an hour wtf lol! But the staff were really friendly and nice :) Ordered iced chocolate and layered cake!
These were just a few of the cats, there were more and most of them were really fat! Like really fat. Probably twice the size of the normal stray cat you see on the streets. And some cats were really pretty! 

Im very awkward around animals. Although I find them adorable but I'm really scared they'll bite/scratch me whenever I try to communicate with them :( 


After walking out of the Cat Cafe we walked around aimlessly and I happened to see the building with rainbow windows, I'm not sure what is it called but we decided to check it out! And then we found out that Fort Canning was just behind!!!! (While deciding on our list of places to explore I also listed down Fort Canning so that explains we were so excited because we could visit it all at once) :) 

Fort Canning was pretty empty and some places look really creepy! But the weather that day was great and it was super windy so we were enjoying the breeze as we walked on the hill :) 


Really enjoyed my day with Deb because I felt that it was so productive! Hope we'll explore at some part of SG soon before sch starts again!!! And more museum adventures! Perks of exploring - Barely spending any money because we walked all the way from Raffles Place (ACM) to Orchard (Editor's Market). Didn't do any shopping and the money we spent on was the cat cafe.

- End of adventure -