Saturday, September 8, 2012

Where got time?


Okay hi guys I promised myself that i'll update bout the bio aem, and the new laptop dad bought for me at comex :'D Hahah okay dont judge me but its my first laptop okkkk. Here you go; Toshiba Satellite M840 Series

Oh and yes continuing with the sept hols; the bio aem is part of the hols. All should you say it was practically my holiday ): At first I felt that it was a waste of time ah.. like why did I even go... Waste money waste time waste sleep :'( Actually hahahaha I still think it's still a little waste of time however I think at least I slogged my guts out these 5 days and gained new knowledge!

So.. in this whole microbiology aem, we learnt bout bacteria, viruses, fungi. Mostly on bacteria. Grew our own bacteria from our nose and teeth (disgusting I know), did different kinds of lab tests too. But luckily I didn't see my bacteria as I was absent on Wednesday morning ^^

Day 1 

Well as usual day 1 is always full of introduction to the course. But then we had ice-breaking, explored/travelled around the school to do the ice-breaking activities and it was super tiring I swear!! Then we had lecture and introduction to the lab facilities. Collected pond water and placed it under the microscope! Look at the little green algae.


Really bad photo but gonna post this since we're in labcoats

Day 2

Lecture started at 9 and then we had tea break. Oh ya, in this aem we have tea breaks everyday hahaha I think the one at SP had too though but it makes me feel really fat because i don't really have tea breaks and I felt that I ate so much.. T-T (food-conscious mode) Then we watched video, and had lab quiz. We also did lab activities, such as the 16-streak method to isolate bacteria! As I said earlier on I didn't see my bacteria at all so I googled.


It'll look something like that on a agar plate, and no it doesn't glow like this LOL. The agar is slightly yellow and the bacteria will grow in those streaks. Then you can count the number of colonies of bacteria.

Then we had a visit to the mushroom farm. Super long journey there x.x Saw how they grew mushrooms and snapped some pics. Wasn't really listening to the guy explaining how they grew because I was super tired....... Really tired throughout the whole aem I must say.


These are non-airconditioned


 While these are airconditioned. So freaked out when I was in those barns. So many flies.... Then shortly, we were dismissed! :D

Met marcus after that for a movie. Watched Step up revolution! Super cool dance moves and some step up 3 people were in it, like the main character. And the remixes they danced to, super good. -applaud-

Day 3

Had to give bio aem a miss in the morning as I was filming for Lynn's media studies EOY exam! However, cabbed there with jasmine and nicole and reached Ngee ann poly just in time for the excursion- to AVA. Don't really like AVA though... Boring, and I was really tired that day. If you monitored me in the aem you'll always see me constantly sleeping throughout the bus rides to NP, to excursion venue, taxi and bus rides back to bishan. Filming was already quite tiring as I had to wake up earlier than my timing for aem x.x Okay enough of complaining.... I have nothing to elaborate on AVA anyway.

Left for home, then bathed and headed out to do SS project with lynn, linhui, amelia, debbie, carl and jozua. Then we split into 2 groups to do the work. Really damn upset with SS, there's like 3 works alone to be completed. What the fuckkkk. And I still have half of bio, chem, eng, chinese, geog. Kill me! Aem took every single bit of energy.

Day 4

Lecture in the morning, then had tea break as usual and then headed to the lab for fungi viewing. Used tape to stick on some mould from bread, add some blue colouring and ta-da, bread mould!


For lunch break, it'll be a lunch i'll remember for the rest of my life. Went to Dialogue in the dark @ Ngee ann poly. If you don't know what dialogue in the dark is.. You experience blindness. Hahaha we only had lunch in pure blindless though... we had professional blind people to serve us food :O Really admire them for such great skills. To be blind.. Is like you're lost in never ending darkness ): Its scary. So they served us food, really delicious! Found out that it was from pastamania in the end hahaha. Had mushroom soup, chicken and sausage pasta, and chocolate mousse. Yumzzz. From the Dialogue in the dark website :

"Lunch in the Dark is a special event offered by Dialogue in the Dark Singapore. It aims to raise awareness towards visual impairment through a dining experience.


Lunch in the Dark will require visitors to consume a full course meal in complete darkness. Without the help of sight, visitors will undergo a transformational yet challenging process where they will have to rely on their other senses to help them dine.

A visually impaired guide would lead participants to their seats in the dark dining area. Individual dishes will be served to participants and they will have to locate the correct cutlery placed in front of them. Water jugs and empty glasses will also be distributed to participants and they will have to manage the pouring of their own drinks without spillage. Throughout the experience, participants are encouraged to communicate with each other to help them manage their fear and apprehension throughout the experience.

At the end of the dining session, visitors will have to find their way out to the light and they will then find out about the dishes they were served in darkness.

This program encourages interaction and communication among the participants as well as helps raise awareness on the challenges of visual impairment."

Headed back to the NP library to work on our presentation for day 5 ):

Went back to bishan and took away subway for dinner. Had to go back to school to take the school transport to UCC Hall. Yes, UCC Hall again. Always going there for performances.. Hmm this time the performance not bad ah... Kinda interesting. Anyway, a over-edited photo with Shannon!


Day 5

Day 5 is actually today. So glad that I can finally get proper sleep after a week. Did our presentation... And I think my group did the worst la... No pics, and we didn't even understand what we presented so when the lecturer asked us questions we just gave the poker face and stared back at him. Super fail la, hope we don't fail though ):

Had tea break, then self studied for our final test. Chiong studied during lunch break too. And I think I still passed? Or boderline pass in the end bah. Oh well.........

Watched the slide show of the 5 days in aem, the LSCT buddies took photos for us (: Then had a presentation on the courses and how exciting NP is, and finally ended with the director's presentation and group photo. LSCT buddies made this for us! :')


Met marcus after that, don't know why but I felt really moody due to the weather I guess... And being so tired. So I guess it kinda affected him now.... ): Hope that everything will be alright by tmr.

Gonna start on homework tmr, like finally. Shall end the blog post here, GOODNIGHT (: