Tuesday, May 29, 2012

we are youngggggg



Hello!! So glad the June hols have started and guess I can have enough rest now.. Huimin needs a break from all the hard work during MYEs and school. But its obviously just not me, practically everyone cos we've really been putting in effort since January (:

So anyway, the first 2 days of my holiday started with Young Engineering Award which is part of D&T, it was on 28 & 29may. Went all the way to SP just for this 2-day course, kinda enjoyable yet tiring. We're the first batch to go for this new programme! Heh. So since I passed bronze award previously I went for the silver award this June. Hopefully i'll pass! So theory lessons were full of physics, eeewwww okay I don't like physics at all but I guess the theory test today was manageable (: We also did practical! on the first day, we did soldering then carried on to do this board for today's electronic toy car! I did it with Tessa (:
 Practicing soldering!


So we made that yellow board at the top most of the car, and luckily those green boards were given or i'll die of soldering... Kinda hard to solder since the wires and holes are so small!! And then we connected the boards together. Wires were the last and I almost died >:( Really frustrating because you have to fix it to the correct holes and guess we kept getting it wrong? But then we had to unscrew the top board to re-solder one of the parts because the contact was weak. How troublesome. When our LED light flashed, the number on the second board isn't flashing. When number is flashing, the LED isn't >:((( So glad it was fixed by our lecturer in the end!!

Look it's fixed ^^ 
And it has controls :D It can move both forward and backwards. When light is shone on the car it'll move in the reverse direction. Cool or what. LOLOLOL okay probably lame to you guys or whatever but I feel it was such an accomplishment :') 

SP is really big... It has like 5 canteens and mac, kfc, subway, burger king..... How I wish all schools were like that!! But oh well its impossibru! 

Gonna go to lynn's house to do my nails tmr, will post the outcome on instagram and my blog! ^^ Then gonna run with marcus and probably kevin? I hope tmr will go smoothly (: Alright gonna catch up on love rain now!