First stop: Cingjing Farm
Headed to Cingjing Farm early in the morning to visit the sheeps! Was pretty excited for it as you get to be so close to them and they're just around you! Unlike Singapore where mostly everything is caged up. The farm is up the hill so we had to walk... And thank god for the warmth i was feeling on my skin. Was feeling cold to the bones for those few days (not kidding) but this is the only way I can describe it!
I was overwhelmed when I saw the number of sheeps. Dayum
Food to feed them. Yeah it looks gross but don't all animal food look gross?
Anyway, the sheeps were REALLY aggressive when they saw food. Seriously. They freaking charge at you and surround you. So I was trying to feed this innocent sheep when another one just camp and banged on my leg OUCH?
Then there were horses!
"wut"
Ice cream! Made out of the sheep's milk. Tastes pretty different from normal ice cream? Its kinda sweet but still nice!
#Asianeyeprobs
The sheeps feel so fluffy and warm you kinda just wanna hug them to sleep hahaha. Tbh I don't mind interacting with animals but sometimes im just scared of them man. Like what if they harm me or smth LOL
Second stop: Taroko National Park
Okay actually Taroko National Park doesn't consist of just this area only, its like the whole way down the mountain... See that long stretch of orange line? YEP. So this was how my journey of 3 days of boredom started. Okay it wasn't that bad.. But still just not my kind of thing.
(source)
Was freaking cold so everything was just frozen
They might look like its so easy sitting up there but NO its not. Its so hard to even get up there because the ice was freaking slippery? Plus it was freezing. Admire them man hahah.
Well the view was great though. The two things I love about cold weathers is the cold fresh air and not sweating. No matter what, Cold > hot.
Low temperature + cold wind
Haha anyway, everyone was building snowmen on their cars! Saw this really cute one and the owner was really kind to let us take photos of his snowman! Realize that its the cartoon Totoro?
Anyway, we drove further down and arrived at the third stop. Getting into the car has got to be one of my favorite things during that period in Taiwan because it was freezing cold and the car had a heater to keep us warm!
Third stop: Near Silks Place Taroko Hotel
The reason why im not very sure of this location was because we stopped for a short while here and carried the drive down to a bridge where we walked up the hill to a temple.
But anyway, I really loved the sakuras! Couldn't stop taking photos of them so I have alot on my memory card, only showing some here or else it would be spam hahah.
AHHH SO PRETTY *-*
Fourth stop: Taroko Gorge Temple
Took a long walk just to get to this temple. But the view was great (:
Had to walk all the way up as the temple is right on the top
Kinda love this shot somehow.
Below the yellow bridge were platforms of rocks so I think people just walked down the stairs somewhere and used rocks to make something like this. Pretty cool heh.
Finally here? NOPE. Look at the flight of stairs behind :')
SOMEHOW, I just like the motion of the river flowing. Calms me down.
ALMOST THERE
FINALLY HERE
So there was nothing much to do on the peak except for seeing more mountains and breathing in fresher air. But this is Hualien man, what other fun things are there to do..........?
Some random wild boar
Random monkey near the temple as we were walking down the stairs going back. He reminded me of Sun Wu Kong LOL. Maybe because its near the temple (associated with Buddhism)? LOL
Fifth Stop: New Year's Countdown
I don't listen to mandopop.. Although I pretty much grew up hearing certain popular songs that I kinda know the tune. But I don't follow up on mandopop and the idols. But Taiwan is all about mandopop, and hokkien songs. Headed down to the main countdown area in Hualien, I don't know where but its like the common ground... ._.
So anyway there were Taiwanese celebrities like.. Zhang fei, Du de wei and im not really sure of the rest ah.... pretty sure you would know the two stated ones. Maybe not the name but the face?
Yang Pei An. He sang the famous song "Wo Xiang Xin"
Huang Xiao Hu
Zhang Fei. He'll prolly be more familiar because he's a comedian/entertainer and he has his own variety programme which is quite popular called "Zhong yi da ge da(綜藝大哥大)"
And this guy... Du De Wei
He's the guy that sang Tuo Diao. Yknow, that stripping song
Finally counting down!
SO MUCH BETTER THAN SG'S FIREWORKS.
Kept on going on an on for quite awhile. And its quite a good experience because the fireworks exploded directly above us. Okay the cons are that it got really smokey and everyone was choking because of the smoke and there were black things dropping from the fireworks LOL
But hey seeing this right above you so close up is just pretty amazing for once!
Du De Wei's encore. My cousin is a fan so yeah stayed on to watch! Thank god for my cousin lending me this camera throughout the trip. It's not even a dslr but the zoom is so good that's why I was able to take such photos on stage without the whole face just white.
Yep so he really stripped off his jacket in the end because he was singing Tuo Diao
Had a really great time this countdown, better than what I expected! And the fireworks were just awesome (: Alright that's all for now, haha damn it im still stuck on the this Taiwan trip when I have returned from the second one. I need to speed up on this thing :/

