Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Taiwan Day 1 - 28th December 2013

Finally doing up a post on my Taiwan trip. Been wanting to do this since forever!

Arrived in Taiwan around 5am? Well close to 6am.. But anyway, we had to wait for transport (the mini van my cousin hired to bring us around everyday) so we waited at this waiting area with special ports just to charge your phone!

Okay I should say smth before I start. I don't really know the places that well because there was no tour guide to tell us the history of the place in detail or what exactly is the place for.. So im gonna use what I remember and prolly google!



First stop: Cihu

























Well as you can see, there're many statues of different men and they're prolly those important men in Taiwan that held important positions to lead the country decades ago! This place is something like a memorial park for all these people. Like prime ministers and so on.









Entering a late prime minister's house! It's been turned into a museum. I think his body is really mummified in the coffin kept in there but photos weren't allowed. Only could look at the coffin standing outside the room ._.



This marching routine, they do it every morning. I think its like paying respects to the late prime minister or something? There are two metal platforms right at the entrance, one on each side for them to stand there and guard the WHOLE day. If you scroll up to look at the pic of the entrance you'll see 2 square platforms ^^^^

2nd stop: Somewhere with pretty flowers



























Sorry for the spam of pink flowers but... I love pink and I love flowers so its a bonus for me ;-;



'



Was a filming site for this drama ^^^














 Authentic chinese sausages UGH FINALLY :'))) Miss it so badly, luckily im going back there soon!

DIY portion the chicken while it's hot

3rd stop: Carton King
Absolutely love this place! Too cute! Everything is really made out of carton/cardboard

















'











This was the last stop for day 1! Checked in to a hotel at Taichung, right opposite Feng jia (night market) 
Absolutely love this night market because its super big, so much food to try and so many things to shop! No kidding!



Soil ice cream. Well if you think logically its actually not la.


 Had ramen for dinner at a jap shop in the night market (:

Ji dan gao! Which is my fav snack heh. I'll come back for youuuuu

Alright that's the end of day 1! Although its much of a picture post I hope you guys enjoy it (: