Saturday, October 24, 2015

Sem 2

The 2-month break just ended last week and here's my post to conclude what I've done over the holidays! :) Honestly, I thought that this holidays would be exceptionally boring this time round because I have completely zero school related activities. Had the whole holidays to myself and I decided that my goal this holiday was to do something productive!! And I managed to only do so after the 2nd week; better late than never right?

1) Found a job
Not gonna say where I work here but anyway I'm so glad I took on this job! Wasn't intending to do so at first because the pay was quite low? However it was something that I really wanted to try out since I was young so I just went ahead. Anyway, I wouldn't have the opportunity to work such jobs in the future after I graduate from poly so... :)

Oh and anyway, everyone's so nice in my workplace! Like every colleague is just so friendly so I have no regrets joining this hehehe. And most importantly its flexible! Since I don't have a cca or whatsoever school commitment, I was thinking if I should just work even during school period. And yep I'll probably be working on weekends :) At least I know I won't rot at home HAHAHA. Tbh when I'm at home I don't study or do tutorials.. My tutorials are all done last minute. But now with my new job I hope I can have a greater sense of urgency and time management??? (I REALLY HOPE SO)

2) Met up with the important ones
So glad that I managed to meet up with most of my closed ones these holidays!! Most of us are not really held back by school activities, but more like jobs hahahah. But anyway it's all about making time for those you really care about right? What's the point of saying that you wanna meet up but in the end no one makes the effort to initiate? Just saying in general!

Singapore Night Festival with Lynn

Shopping with Fion

Teacher's Day @ KCP

Met up with Hwee Shin & Josh

 Met up with Li Jing @ Timbre

Attended a show with the KCP dancers

Mambo Beach Club with Bernice

Ivan's birthday dinner

Jia Ying's birthday surprise @ Timbre

 IKEA trip with Bernice & Fion

 Shopping @ JB with parents

Meeting up with Van (last day of her intern)

Chomp chomp with Amelia and Brenda

HHN 5 with Sarah, Hyung, Linhui, Edwin & Debbie

Visited Van's family & played with Venice

3) Having a lot of alone time 
I think during the first two weeks of holidays I pretty much spent my time rotting away... Sleeping late, waking up late, eating, watching dramas. Basically living the sloth life. And every one had just begun their intern so no one was really free :( Felt like I wasted my alone time away.. I could've NOT procrastinated and started tidying up my room.. Hahaha but knowing myself :') The table is still messy af as I'm typing this on the first week of school. Well at least I tidied the dressing table area with the things I bought from IKEA & Daiso! Super unhygienic previously because i'll just put all my hair brushes and make up on flat on the table and I realise there's ALOT of dust.. So yeah bought more storage stuff to organise!

Ah anyway speaking of dramas previously... This is the first time I watched 5 dramas in a holiday?! I feel so hardcore omg... And currently halfway through the drama "She Was Pretty" so that make it 6? Usually I only manage to watch 2 dramas at most.. I wonder how did I find the time to watch so many LOL.

Although I started work only on September onwards I still ensured I have enough rest days so actually I still had sufficient time to think & relax at home :)


I feel really happy and productive this holidays because I felt that I spent it well & managed to get enough time to energise myself! And because I'm finally doing something that I like (my job) which also made my holiday really productive :)

First week of school just flashed by.. Can't believe it's already Saturday of the first week. I hope this semester goes well, especially with these two.

Till next time! ;)